Ethics in Tea - Dilmah Conservation
Dilmah owes its success to the quality of Ceylon Tea. Our business was founded therefore on an enduring connection to the land and the communities in which we operate. We have pioneered a comprehensive commitment to minimising our impact on the planet, fostering respect for the environment and ensuring its protection by encouraging a harmonious co-existence of man and nature. We believe that conservation is ultimately about people and the future of the human race, that efforts in conservation have associated human well-being and poverty reduction outcomes. These core values allow us to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations of sustainability.
IUCN appreciates the foresight and leadership of Mr. Merrill J. Fernando and the MJF Charitable Foundation for the pioneering work in recognising the need and opportunities for mainstreaming and integrating environmental aspects in business...- Julia Marton-Lefèvre, Director General, IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature
- We reinforce our commitment to the principle of making business a matter of human service and to the core values of Dilmah, which are embodied in the Six Pillars of Dilmah.
- We will strive to conduct our activities in accordance with the highest standards of corporate best practice and in compliance with all applicable local and international regulatory requirements and conventions.
- We recognise that conservation of the environment is an extension of our founding commitment to human service.
- We will assess and monitor the quality and environmental impact of its operations, services and products whilst striving to include its supply chain partners and customers, where relevant and to the extent possible.
- We are committed to transparency and open communication about our environmental and social practices.
- We promote the same transparency and open communication from our partners and customers.
- We strive to be an employer of choice by providing a safe, secure and non-discriminatory working environment for its employees whose rights are fully safeguarded and who can have equal opportunity to realise their full potential.
- We promote good relationships with all communities of which we are a part and we commit to enhance their quality of life and opportunities whilst respecting their culture, way of life and heritage.